Quality instruction is critical to improving the academic performances, achievement and social well-being of the school district's diverse student population. The Center provides leadership and assists building administrators in monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of that instruction while supporting the teachers in delivering effective instruction. Instructional support includes:
- Aligning instruction to standards
- Purchasing instructional materials, such as textbooks and software that are consistent with the goals and objectives of the courses of study
- Developing and coordinating professional development programs and projects for teachers and administrators to provide them with current knowledge of effective education practices
- Encouraging collaboration through professional learning communities
- Facilitating the use of data to improve teaching and learning.
Teachers have a great impact on student learning. The Center for Curriculum and Instruction helps teachers provide quality instruction.