Last Saturday, February 10th, a few of our Garfield Heights High School Band students participated in the Ohio Music Educators Association's Solo and Ensemble Contest where students can perform in front of a judge for a rating and/or comments while showcasing their talents and working to better their musicianship. Many of our students performed well enough to earn Outstanding and Superior ratings of 1s and 2s on a scale from 1-5 with 1 being the best performance possible.
Please help me to congratulate the following individuals who received the top ratings;
*(Class A = College level music, Class B = Upper Level High School music, Class C = Intermediate level High School Music)
- The GHHS Percussion Ensemble received an Outstanding rating of a 2 in Class B
- Kiera Wilson received a Superior rating of 1 in Class A on her snare solo
- Elijah Bolton received a superior rating of a 1 on his Alto Saxophone Solo in Class A
- Ian Boozer received a Superior rating of a 1 on his Marimba solo in Class B
- Elijah Hall received a Superior rating of a 1 on his Trumpet solo in Class B
- Garrett Boyette received a Superior rating of a 1 on his Trumpet solo in Class B
- Spencer Twardy received an outstanding rating of a 2 on his Class B Tenor Saxophone solo
- Aedon Bailey received an outstanding rating of a 2 on his Trombone Solo in Class B
Amazing job to all that participated in the Solo and Ensemble contest this year! It really shows their passion and dedication to music to showcase your talents the way they did. If/when you see any of these students please make sure to congratulate them and give them a pat on the back!
Thank you all for your ongoing support for the GHCS Instrumental Music Department!