1. Every May, we host Gun Safety programs for all 4th graders in the district. Each presentation includes a district School Resource Officer and a representative from the Garfield Heights City Hall. The purpose of the program is to teach children about the dangers of guns.
2. Annually, our building staff are provided with Tabletop Exercises that simulate real-life examples of potential dangers that can occur on school campuses. Staff are trained on how to respond to bomb threats, fires, hostage-taking, hazardous spills, and more.
3. Each Fall, and when necessary, all of our schools participate in practice school evacuations. During Evacuation Week, all elementary schools and the Middle School practice an evacuation to the high school. The high school evacuates to Sts. Peter & Paul Church.
4. Annually, the Middle School and Maple Leaf School conduct simultaneous practice walking evacuations to the Kmart parking (Middle School) and the empty parking lot on Turney Road across from Ace Hardware (Maple Leaf).
5. Students or parents in the school community can anonymously submit any suspicious activity, bullying or other student related issues to a school administrator(s). We encourage you to report important issues. Once you complete the contact form, you will receive a confirmation that your information has been submitted to the school district. Please follow this link.: