1. Every May, we host Gun Safety programs for all 4th graders in the district. Each presentation includes a district School Resource Officer and a representative from the Garfield Heights City Hall. The purpose of the program is to teach children about the dangers of guns.
2. Annually, our building staff are provided with Tabletop Exercises that simulate real-life examples of potential dangers that can occur on school campuses. Staff are trained on how to respond to bomb threats, fires, hostage-taking, hazardous spills, and more.
3. Each Fall, and when necessary, all of our schools participate in practice school evacuations. During Evacuation Week, all elementary schools and the Middle School practice an evacuation to the high school. The high school evacuates to Sts. Peter & Paul Church.
4. Annually, the Middle School and Maple Leaf School conduct simultaneous practice walking evacuations to the Kmart parking (Middle School) and the PetSmart parking lot (Maple Leaf).
5. We will be participating in the Anonymous Alerts program beginning this school year. More information to come!